Monday, June 28, 2010

baby friends!


Asher met a new baby friend this weekend....our friend {and yours} baby Jack and his mommy, Rene!


We met up at a local park and had a great time visiting.  It was so fun to actually meet them in person.  I felt like we already knew each other since Rene and I have been commenting on each others blogs since we were both pregnant last year.  I've watched Jack grow from a little bump to, well, this adorable guy!


The park we went to has a miniature train that took us on a ride all through the wooded park.  It was a nice, breezy break from the hot HOT day!  The babies seemed a little stunned by the whole experience, but didn't complain at all.  I count that as a victory!


After the train ride we walked over to the playground and let the boys swing a little.  Did you know that 2 babies can fit in these swings?  Too cute!



Asher looks like he's screaming here, but it's actually a very happy face.  He didn't make any noise, just opened his mouth into a huge smile!  They both lasted quite awhile on the swing and didn't even really notice each other until the very end.



We wandered around the park for a little while after swinging and ended up putting a blanket down on the grass so the boys could actually play a little and stretch out.  They both gnawed on their Sophies for a few minutes before the bugs got too bad and drove us out.  Unfortunately, Asher got really hungry, so we had to cut our fun day a little short.

Hopefully this fall we'll be able to plan a zoo trip when it's a little cooler!


It was so fun to meet you both in real life!  Any other blogging friends in the greater DC area?  We'd love to plan a get together for even more babies and mommies!

6 comments:

  1. How cool! I met a blogging friend and BBC pal a couple of months ago and had a blast...it turns out she only lives 10 minutes from me!

    It looks like the visit was a success for all 4 of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the two babies fit in the swing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG - how awesome! I so wish that I lived near you guys - I'd love to meet up with you gals!

    I've met up with two mommy blogger friends, and it's been great :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was fun for us too! I'm glad we were able to meet and I'm looking forward to other fun adventures. Asher definitely lives up to his pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carl wants to know if you want to Burke lake Park??!! That's where he played frisbee golf!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun!!! I wish there were closer blogger/BBC friends to me... looks like a great day at the park. We tried the swing last night but B is too small yet....soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails