Wednesday, June 2, 2010

three day weekend

On a typical day Drew will usually get to see Asher for a few minutes before he leaves for work, but often misses the night routine, since Asher goes in the bath at 6:15 and is asleep for the night by 7.  I think that's why it was visibly exciting {confusing?} for Ash to see his daddy around so much, for so many days in a row!  He was thrilled to see Drew first thing in the morning.


We loved having so many days together!

On Saturday we decided to take a short road trip down I-95 to the Potomac Mills mall and visit the Ikea.  We have a small kitchen with virtually no counter space, so we needed to find a butcher block cart.  Since this house is a rental and in no way our final home, it seemed like the affordability and knock-togetherness of an Ikea product was the way to go.

Let me tell you, we found something great!  It's actually much more stable than I was thinking it would be.  I love that it has a shelf underneath.  I already loaded in my food processor and once I get a steamer that's where it will go as well.  Come on, baby food!



We only had one small bout of drama the whole day.  Asher did great on the ride down to the store and once we got inside I found a bench to feed him his bottle right away.  After he ate I took him in the bathroom for a quick diaper change before loading him into the Beco for shopping.  We weren't in the bathroom for 2 seconds before someone turned on the XCELERATOR hand dryer.  Have you seen these?...they blow so hard the skin on your hands ripples away from the bones.  Anyway, the noise scared Asher to death.  Honestly, I've never heard him cry so hard or loud.  The poor, poor baby.  I felt just awful for him.

It took about 15 minutes to get him calmed back down.  He was very relieved to be tucked safely into the Beco and fell asleep right away.  It's so hard to be a baby!

On Sunday morning we got up early and tried out a new church.  I really think that finding a new church home is one of the hardest things about moving.  I was very impressed with the caring staff who worked in the nursery, but the church service itself left a little to be desired, so I'm not sure if we'll go back.  Asher did great in the baby nursery, by the way!  The woman who was caring for him when we got back said he was the best baby ever and that Drew and I should have lots more.  Can do.  :o)

Drew and Asher took a daddy/baby adventure on Sunday afternoon to a local town festival that was being held.  I wasn't feeling well, so I stayed home and let them have fun solo.  This turned out to be a brilliant plan because it was SO HOT.  The boys were both drenched by the time they got home.

But this boy loves to spend time with his Daddy.  I love them.


After so many weekend adventures we decided to play it quiet on Monday and just enjoy our last day of the weekend together.  Drew grilled burgers for us -- yum -- I love burgers off the grill!!  Not having cheese didn't even put a damper on it.


Sorry I don't have more photos.  It is so hard to get good pictures while living life.  I definitely plan to get a thin camera that will fit in my diaper bag so I can get more pictures while we're on the go.  My main camera is awesome, but way too bulky to carry around all the time.

We did manage to have some fun trying to get a picture of the 3 of us.  Yay for our little family!

4 comments:

  1. Ryan and I were just talking about how a butcher block island would be perfect infront of that window to add a little more counter space. It looks perfect! I love Ikea!

    Are you going to make your own baby food? Sounds like it!

    I love your family picture! Asher's eyes match yours...almost perfectly :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun weekend! I wish every weekend was a three- our four-day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't Ikea just awesome? Love your family pic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, I love that picture of you three. I still think Asher looks so much like you!

    And yes - I adore my steamer. In fact, that's what made our dinner last night :) It works great, is simple, easy to clean up - I can't say enough good things!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails