Wednesday, June 23, 2010

for safety's sake

You all may remember a few months ago when I posted about pulling the bumpers out of Asher's crib.

Little man was just starting to roll onto his side and I'd caught him one too many times with his face pressed against the plush {but adorable} bumpers that adorned his crib.  Once I took them out he decided it was a fine time to stick his arm through the crib slats.  We couldn't have that either, so I went to Babies 'R Us and found a great alternative...the Breathable Bumpers!

These mesh bumpers are completely air permeable, so if a little face does get pressed up against them he can still breath, no problem.  Plus, they completely cover the crib slats, so no arms get stuck.

Or so I thought...

I came in to get a certain someone from his nap today only to find this scene:


Why did I spend $30 on special safety bumpers again?


Tricky little guy.  Leave it to him to completely work around all of my safely precautions!

Don't worry, no babies were harmed in the taking of these photos.  He managed to disengage himself quite easily.


:o)

2 comments:

  1. Ha! Clever little guy!

    Love those sheets, BTW!

    Also, how/where did you make your signature?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I also have breathable bumpers for Jack, but he manages to get an arm or even a leg through the slats sometimes. It's crazy how much they're moving around and figuring out these days!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails