Monday, March 15, 2010

cropped his bumpers

Last week Asher's crib got a makeover.

Remember when I mentioned how he tends to spin himself around at night? Well, I finally caught him in the act the other day. As it turns out, he is now able to rock up on his side {which he never does during the day!}, then uses his toes to push off the crib rails and turn.

Clever boy.

This was impressive until the one I time I caught him {on the monitor} rolling up on his side and his face was directly in the bumpers. He rolled back down on his back in the next second, but not quickly enough for my heart to avoid stopping.

Scared me to death!

What if I hadn't been watching?

What if he hadn't been able to roll back down?

I definitely wouldn't have heard his muffled cries and probably would have slept through him suffocating in his crib.

I'm not trying to scare anyone else -- these tricks are just my little guy's specialty!

That experience sealed it for me -- we were getting rid of the crib bumpers. I did a little research and found that very few babies experience injury due to hitting the crib slats, so that doesn't worry me too much.



Plus, the pictures on the bumpers were really distracting him during nap time, so having that gone is helping him rest during the day as well.



Asher is loving his new elephant sheets!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails