Friday, March 19, 2010

favorite thing friday

I've never been a big fan of winter.

Snow can be fun for a day or 2 with the sledding and hot chocolate, but for the most part we're like roommates who tolerate each other out of necessity, but aren't friends in general. Even as a child I viewed snow days with a mixture of excitement {no school!} and resignation {great. now I'll be in class in June to make up this day}.

Winter means snow boots, heavy jackets, hats, gloves, and scarves just to leave the house. All of this bugs me.

But you know what comes after a long winter...spring!

And do you know what I associate with spring more than anything else? Easter!

I love Easter! It's is easily one of my favorite holidays.

I love the meaning behind it and the reminder of what Jesus did for all of us.
I love candy.
I love hyacinths and Easter lillies.
I love seeing tiny girls in Easter dresses, hats, little purses, and patent leather shoes. {that used to be me and my sisters!}

Easter means that spring is coming along with the promise of warmer weather and flowers.

What's not to love?

Given this gushing you can imagine how excited I was to recieve some special Easter gifts for Asher in the mail the other day!

My friend Teri at Babies and Mommies, who made Asher's baby keepsake, sent him an adorable Easter basket shaped like a duck! It's super soft and has these great feet that flop about. I tried to put Asher into it, but he's a little too big. We'll have to settle for filling it with goodies!





The next day Asher got an Easter package from my parents. I love that my Mom found a board book of the true Easter story. It is rhyming and has cute illustrations -- Asher already likes to look at the pictures and I know it won't be long before he's chewing on the pages.



He also got a super soft Peter Rabbit stuffed animal. I think the fact that they are almost the same size is a little intimadating, but I know Asher will come around soon. :o)



Spring officially arrives tomorrow and Easter is only a few weeks away -- what do you do to celebrate?

2 comments:

  1. I also LOVE Easter (and Spring in general!). I am so excited for Ava's first Easter and everything that goes along with it! Just think - next year they'll be able to stumble around for an Easter egg hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable duck Easter basket!!! I have never seen one like that before!! And Peter Rabbit...awww.... we will have to begin to make our own family traditions with Bennett... it will be so much fun to do egg hunts and coloring once he gets a bit older. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails