Friday, February 19, 2010

favorite thing friday - baby keepsake

If there's one thing I don't like about being a new Mom it's this unfortunate little side effect that comes with the territory known as "Mom Brain."

Anyone else have it?

For those of you who aren't so afflicted, "Mom Brain" is the unexpected, but complete, absence of a memory. It affects everything from the completely insignificant {like a grocery list} to the vital {like putting diapers in the diaper bag}.

It reared its ugly head in predictable fashion just the other week when I took Asher to his 2 month doctor's appointment. When we arrived the insurance company hadn't added Asher to our policy yet {of course}, so I had to give the receptionist Drew's social security number to access our account and find Asher's info.

My mind was BLANK. I know Drew's SS# -- I really do! But it was like a snow storm in there, all white and fuzzy.

Then I tried to pay the co-pay with an expired credit card because I forgot to put the new one the company sent me in my wallet.

I'M LOSING MY MIND.

It's bad enough forgetting this day-to-day stuff, but what I'm really afraid of is losing track of the important things in my life. Like...my son's birth statistics. If I can't remember clean socks every day then what are my chances of recalling that Asher was 7lbs 5 oz and 19" long at birth?

That's a small part of the reason that I decided to get Asher a birth keepsake from Babies&Mommies. You might remember when I blogged about these before. I had keepsakes made for my twin nephews and they came out so beautifully!

I always knew that I'd want one for my child whenever he was born. I finally got around to working with Teri in designing the perfect keepsake for Asher. It's gorgeous!




I love the whole look of the keepsake and am thrilled to have all his birth info and adorable newborn photos right on the wall where I can see them everyday.

If you have a baby in your life, check out the Babies&Mommies website -- they have tons of great products and gifts for little ones.

And if you have Mom Brain, don't worry -- the button and link are always on the right hand column of this blog. Impossible to forget.

3 comments:

  1. I am right there with you! I actually made it halfway to the grocery store last week without my shoes on. You think I wouldve noticed being barefoot, but apparently my tactile awareness went the way of my brain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i know *all* about losing my mind. i'd like to be able to tell you that it comes back @ some point, but i'm halfway through year number 3 with no end in sight...

    but i *love* that keepsake!

    that last comment i left had some serious spelling mishaps, haha! see? mind = gone!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails