Friday, February 5, 2010

favorite thing friday and updates

First, some updates from yesterday...

Asher's 2 month doctor appointment went really well! He's the "picture of health" according to his pediatrician. That's always great to hear!

Asher now weighs 11 pounds and is 21.5 inches long. According to the growth charts he's smack dab in the 50th percentile. Perfect!

My brave little guy also got a couple vaccines -- 1 oral {which he gulped right down...I swear, this boy will eat anything you put in his mouth!} and 3 injections. He definitely felt betrayed when the nurse gave him the shots. I felt so bad! Ash cried for a few minutes, but as soon as I picked him up he stopped. He clearly only blames the nurse. Fine by me.

Once we got home he slept for a few hours, but when he woke up he was very upset. His poor little leg was all swollen and red. I gave him some Tylenol, but he still cried for several hours last night. WAY above his average. I think the trauma of it all wore him out though because he slept for 9 hours straight last night!



If I have 1 piece of advice for Moms who still have to face this appointment it's this...see if you can bring a small, soft fabric Band-Aid with you. They put these giant plastic Band-Aids on Asher's legs and ripping them off later that night was BY FAR the worst part of the whole experience.
------------------------------

Another update:

Yesterday I mentioned all the terrific unexpected Mommy skills that I'm gaining. Well, I have another one to add already!

This morning Asher and I threw caution to the wind and decided to live on the edge. After that 9 hour nursing hiatus overnight, I desperately needed to dump some milk. Asher was doing his part on the right side, but that still left 1 very full baby-feeder. Rather than waiting until he was done I simply hooked the pump up to the left side while Asher was nursing on the right.

You heard me right -- I nursed and pumped at the same time!



If you stop by later and we're not home it's probably because we joined the circus. You can reach us there.

----------------------------

Ok, onto the good stuff!

Do you all remember those Dial soap commercials that encouraged us to "Wash the day away"? I love that concept. I love clean stuff. I love the idea of starting fresh and clean.

That goes for my body and for my house. One way I've been able to get squeaky clean feeling on my floors is with the





I received this as a Christmas gift and absolutely love it!

I always used to mop my floors with a cleaning solution, but now that Asher is here I really wanted a way to sanitize without using chemicals. This mop only uses steam -- which sterilizes and removes dirt without any cleansers!

There were a few concerns I had before I received this mop and I'm happy to say that it exceeded my expectations. It doesn't leave the floors soaking wet, so I don't need to dry them by hand {especially the hardwood}. It also holds enough water and has a long cord, so I'm not constantly re-filling or changing outlets.

I highly recommend it if you're in the market for a steam mop. I feel great knowing that once Asher starts crawling around the floors will be clean and not depositing chemical residue on his little hands!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Emily and Asher! So glad his appointment went well! I love your posts! I had never heard of the steam mop but am very intriqued! I hate spreading chemicals all over the house and will definitely have to get one of those when we start a family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is getting so big! We face our 2 month appointment next Wednesday and I am SUPER nervous! Thanks for the tips! I also got the same steam mop for Christmas and I LOVE it too! I am so pleased!

    ReplyDelete
  3. he is so so sweet! I need a steam mop bad I had it on my Chrismas list but I guess everyone thought it was a joke lol! Yes I am a person who ask for cleaning supplies as a gift ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails