Wednesday, March 31, 2010

exhausted

Sometimes Asher's naps get cut a little short. Often the culprit is some loud noise that wakes him up early. Typically when this happens I encourage him to go back to rest for a little while longer by rocking and singing. More times than not this doesn't work at all. I usually give up if he's wide awake and simply put him down again when he seems tired.

He pulled that trick this morning and woke up after only 20 minutes of sleep. He wanted to come downstairs to play with me instead of going back to bed, so I gave in.

I put him on his activity mat to play and Asher happily grabbed his toys and rattled them around for awhile. After about 10 minutes everything went quiet, so I looked over to him thinking he got bored and needed new stimulation only to find this:



He has never, ever fallen asleep on his own in the middle of the living room before. Poor buddy was so tired!

1 comment:

  1. That is so adorable!! One time Jack was kicking his legs and making his bouncer move and next thing I knew, he had fallen asleep. Being a baby is exhausting work!!

    And I love Asher's monster pants. I'm getting Jack the same outfit!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails