Friday, March 26, 2010

favorite thing friday

The other week Asher receive this really unique gift from my old Sunday School teacher. It's a CD full of songs that all contain Asher's name!



We love it!



Asher doesn't really "get" his name yet, but I know he will at some point and will get a kick out of hearing that "Little Asher has a farm..."

The songs are all kids classics and Ash likes listening to the music. For now, he also seems to like it when I sing along and dance with him. Hopefully his love of music will continue long into his childhood {even after he realizes that Mom can't sing worth a darn}.

I've never seen anything like this CD before, but it's a fantastic gift for a little one. Thanks, Miss Becky!

4 comments:

  1. I haven't seen this actual version that you got but we did receive a lullaby disc with Bennett's name inserted as well. Very interesting idea, not sure how they can do that. I know Bennett and Asher aren't the most common names out there. :) Maybe they just have a choir on hand. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those! I keep meaning to look into getting one for Ava - any clue where she ordered it?

    Glad the D-Vi-Sol worked out :)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was little I actually remember getting a _record_ and book combo with my name in it. More than 25 years later, and I can _almost_ remember the title =) Those are some of the best kinds of gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool gift! Ethan loves music and dancing while Im singing too...haha. Im hoping like you he won't mind I can't sing either. I don't know if you looked back at my comment to you on my blog...but I got that little elephant outfit at target around christmas. He is growing so fast he is already too long for it :( and its a 3-6 mo. size. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails