Wednesday, August 1, 2012

just beachy

I was given an embroidery machine for my 30th birthday back in May - yaaaay! - but when I opened it up and got things running it was NOT working. Boo. I called customer support and they said it needed service. Well, I don't know about you, but I wasn't about to take a very expensive piece of machinery to the repair shop on Day 1, so I sent it back.

Sad, sad day. :-(

I did still really want an embroidery machine so I decided to do some more research and went up a level in machine quality. At first I kept it simple since I don't plan on being a professional or anything, but I think if you go too simple the company gets cheap and the machines just don't work as well. Lots of other reviewers had the same problem as me, so I'm confident it was my particular machine.

My new {better!} machine arrived the other week and I finally got it up and running! I've made a few things, but here's the best so far - personalized beach towels for Asher and his cousins that we'll see on the Jersey Shore at the end of August. They turned out great - if I do say so myself. :-)

 

Alden's favorite color is blue and Mercer's is orange so I tried to please everyone. Luckily for me Asher doesn't care this year!

I have a few other projects in the queue and will be sure to post the final items when done. Since I had so much trouble with that first machine I think every time this one works I'll be surprised and excited - bear with me. Ha ha!

4 comments:

  1. love them, I want to get an embroidery machine. good job

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! What's the difference between that and a sewing machine?

    What type of sewing machine do you have? I was given one a few months ago and am planning to learn how to use it any second now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh! I want an embroidery machine!!!! Was it $$$$?? :-/ Or rather, which one did you get? Sorry, that's a nosey question. :-P

    Those towels are awesome looking. :) I have a soft spot for customized things!!! I could go to town with a machine like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same question here. What brand/kind of machine did you get. So glad the second worked. Great job with the towels.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails