Tuesday, August 7, 2012

bugaboo {28 weeks}

Third trimester!  This is it - the home stretch.


Baby bug and I are doing pretty well together.  I haven't had any major problems and am really grateful for that.  Sure, there are aches and tiredness, but that's small potatoes.  I've even been able to do a lot with Asher which is a huge bonus!

I've been busy getting things ready for baby, but still have so. much. to do.  The nursery is far from complete and I have a list on my phone about 30 items long that I need to buy before she arrives.  In a few weeks Drew, Asher, and I will be heading to New Jersey for our annual beach vacation and I'd like to get a bunch of these things done before we spend a week away.  Drew and I both have a niggling feeling that this little one will come early, so the clock feels like it's ticking {even though it probably isn't really}.


At 28 weeks, baby is between 1.5-2.5 pounds and about the size of an eggplant.  She's practicing her breathing and gaining weight to stay warm on the outside!



How far along: 28 weeks

Net weight gain/loss: 15 pounds

Maternity clothes:  yes and no {but mostly yes}

Stretch marks: none yet

Belly button: either flat or out {but mostly out}

Sleep: it's been pretty good, just need to get to bed earlier!  It's hard to make myself go to bed early since when Asher's sleeping is my only time to work on baby and house projects.

Baby movement: yes - love it!

Gender:  ladybug!

Food cravings: fruit - I've been loving watermelon this summer, which is totally the baby - I normally hate the stuff.

Food aversions: nothing really

What I miss:  sleeping on my belly

Looking forward to: getting a few more nursery projects finished up

Best moment this week: having Asher get his baby doll out all by himself and ask me to help him wrap her in a blanket so he could hug the baby and give her a bottle.  Of course, the next step was to dump her headfirst on the floor, but still...  :-)

Milestones: my body is making colostrum already and getting truly ready to sustain a newborn!

8 comments:

  1. Yay for the 3rd trimester. I'm right behind you I'll be 28 weeks on Friday. That's so cute that Asher wanted his doll wrapped up. You look great

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look fantastic Emily! Yay for Asher getting excited about his sister. I will never forget that "no!" moment at the Prichard's! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I swore I would never miss being preggo after Harper, but your sweet belly makes me miss it...almost! You look so great. I can't wait to see the big nursery reveal and find out her name. It's getting so close!!! Have a great time at the beach. I'm JEALOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking great:)

    I love Asher in the tiger costume. Toddlers are hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great! And that is precious that Asher is "getting ready" along with you! He'll be a great big brother!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl, you look fantastic!! Love watching your little girl grow and seeing all the fun projects you're doing for the nursery!! :) glad you're feeling well...so close!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so great that you haven't been having any problems. I have a few friends that were on bed rest with their second pregnancy, which I can't imagine when you also have a toddler running around! I can't wait to see more of the nursery!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look beautiful. How exciting for the 3rd trimester to be here already! It seems like this pregnancy is going fast! I felt that way with mine too...I bet you feel like it's flying too having a toddler to chase after and keep you busy along with all your projects. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails