Tuesday, August 21, 2012

bugaboo {30 weeks}

Only 10 weeks to go now...my oh my. I'm getting excited to meet this little lady!


Remember a few weeks ago when I mentioned the midwife I saw, but didn't really, um, mesh with so well? Lucky me got to see her again at my appointment on Friday! Honestly it wasn't bad and I think if we see each other on D-day everything will be just fine. She remembered me, but clearly didn't remember the stern warning she gave me about "watching my weight gain" because this time she commented on how I'd lost a pound since my last appointment and should "make sure I'm getting enough to eat." ha ha - can't win here!


All in all things have been going along pretty well. I have the usual aches, poor sleep, tiredness, and hunger that all 3rd trimester mamas go through. Nothing too bad, certainly. This ladybug is a very active kiddo and moves/kicks/punches constantly. I might just be forgetting, but I'm pretty sure Asher never moved this much. We'll see if she ends up being more active on the outside too!

This week bug is about 2.5-3.8 pounds and the size of a cucumber.


How far along: 30 weeks

Net weight gain/loss: 14 pounds

Maternity clothes: some of each

Stretch marks: no

Belly button: out and loud

Sleep: finding it really hard to get and stay comfortable

Baby movement: oh yes - she's very busy.

Gender: ladybug

Food cravings: blueberry muffins and mint cookie ice cream

Food aversions: meat. gross.

What I miss: not much this week!

Looking forward to: getting the rest of the nursery furniture delivered...someday.

Best moment this week: a great report from the OB

Milestones: baby is now strong enough to grasp a finger

 

5 comments:

  1. You look fantastic! And I'm a bit jealous that you don't have any stretch marks!? Lucky Lady ;) Glad you got a good report from the OB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look great!
    I'll be the big 30 weeks on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad to hear it wasn't awful with the midwife you weren't fond of. I think it's pretty ridiculous she said something about your gain last time and mentioned the loss this time. So fickle! Haha. You look fab of course. I laughed a little when you said she is moving more than A did. I had different experiences with all 3! It's pretty amazing how different they can be even in utero! C was pretty active compared to E. E was SUPER lazy...to the point of scaring us lazy. M was crazy active compared to both boys. I felt like her movement was almost constant! Maybe it's a girl thing?! BTW I was at a boutique the other day and saw some cute little bows you and thought of you! I am going to try my hand at making them for Miss M and ladybug....If they aren't a total disaster I'll need your new address. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm craving Blueberry muffins too! Hmm. Maybe it's the antioxidants? ;) Glad you are doing so well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have the cutest maternity clothes!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails