Thursday, August 23, 2012

home tour {come on in}

Ever since we got our last box unpacked I've been meaning to do a home tour of sorts on here. I always love to see where other people live and get ideas from the ways they decorate. Plus, several of you have asked to see more of our home, so this is for you. :-)

Let me start by saying that this truly is our dream home. Drew and I feel so blessed to have a home - any home - let alone one that suits our family's needs and desires so fully. We love it here!

Last spring when we were first looking to move we saw this house and were unsure about it because, well, there wasn't much to see! It was still in the process of being built which made it a lot harder to visualize the final product. Luckily for us the builder had built a home with an identical floor plan that was for sale in a neighboring community so we were able to tour that one and get a sense of how the rooms would be scaled and arranged. It also gave us a nice sense of the quality of the builder. We loved the house, but also really loved the first neighborhood, so Drew and I decided to go ahead and move forward on the home that was only partially finished.

This ended up being a great decision because we were able to pick out a lot of the finishes inside and out! It's fun to pick these things, but it's so easy to get overwhelmed when you're outfitting an entire house. I love the parts we chose, though, and am thrilled we had the chance to make the house a little bit more our own before we even moved in.

Welcome to our home!



I love that our front door is mostly glass and lets in a lot of light. I would like to find a sheer curtain or something to cover it for a bit more privacy - the UPS man has terrified me more than once when he suddenly appeared in my door, ha! Anyone know where you can get a curtain/rod to cover an arched top like this door has?? Pretty, but very hard to work with...


As you walk in the front door, Drew's home office is on the left.

 

Drew works from home occasionally so these French doors that close work out well {although the glass is constantly covered with tiny hand prints and face smudges from someone who likes to watch "Daddy woo-king." :-) }


Opposite the office is the dining room.


I'm a little embarrassed to be showing you this room at all because we have done nothing in here decoration-wise. There isn't even a tablecloth on the table, for goodness sake.


I'm planning to recover the dining room chairs at some point and hope to build the rest of the room around whatever colors are in the fabric I choose for that project. Until then, bare it remains. The walls look very pink in these photos, but they are actually a very nice greige {"Perfect Greige" - SW, to be exact}.


Leading off of the dining room is a small hallway that has a butler's pantry/bar area. We added in the "beverage center" refrigerator and it. is. awesome. I love having all of our drinks in one place - and not in my main fridge - ha ha!

 

Thanks for coming over to visit - the tour continues soon!

 

9 comments:

  1. You have such a beautiful home, can't wait to see more! I'm so happy you feel at home here too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it! Can't wait to see the rest of the house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm moving in! ;). You won't even have to send Asher to preschool....I'll just set up a little class between all the kids.

    It is beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO pretty, and pretty darn close to what I envision for a dream home as well! I absolutely LOVE all the moldings (high baseboards, chair rails, crown molding, etc.). It's so fancy, and I'm totally jealous. :-) Love, love, love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And of course, I can't wait to see more! Kitchen and living room next?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE! I love the rock finish on the front of the house. Very pretty. I love the layout of it so far. Can't wait to see what becomes of the dining room when you get that far! For the door...you could probably do a straight rod a little lower down on the door and leave the top part of the arch uncovered? I think it would still look nice but give you that little bit of privacy you want. I love the door too btw. It is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's beautiful!! How wonderful that you were able to make some of those decisions and not have to think about changing something after moving in. I can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So gorgeous! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm just now catching up on my blog reading...LOVE your new home!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails