Friday, September 25, 2009

random friday funnies

Over the past few days, I've come across a few random things that were really funny and I wanted to share them with you all....

This morning I was listening to the radio on my way to work and they were doing a segment about "3 Free Things" to do in Cleveland over the weekend. One that they mentioned was "Mary Yoder Days" -- apparently this is a fall festival held at a restaurant/bakery in rural Ohio.

The part I found really funny is that the full name of the place is "Mary Yoder's Amish Kitchen" and in order to find more info on the event we were told to reference http://www.maryyodersamishkitchen.com That's right -- the Amish Kitchen restaurant has a website!

Amish people don't believe in being connected to the main electric lines, so they don't have electric lights...or computers. But, I guess in keeping with the times, they did find someone to make up a website.

I love it. :o)

Funny #2:

Also from the radio...while listening at work the other day, the station (different from the one above) played a clip from a caller who said that she just loved this station because she "doesn't ever have to worry about her kids hearing bad words in the songs."

The song they played immediately following her clip was, "Gives You Hell" by the All-American Rejects.

Ironic.

Still on the funny train:

Of course this one has to be baby related. Last night I got to bed a little later than usual, so this morning I was still sleeping pretty deeply when my alarm went off. Alarm clocks scare me to death, so I've conditioned myself to wake up before the alarm goes off every morning. It's purely set as a back-up.

Well, like I said, this morning was different and when my alarm clock started beeping I jumped a little and my heart took off down the racetrack. The bean did not enjoy being woken up so abruptly. He started kicking and twisting really hard -- I think my heartbeat startled him!

I felt bad for scaring him (if that's what happened) but at the same time it was pretty darn funny.

When I told Drew what happened, he suggested I work on "not being startled so easily," so I don't frighten our unborn child.

Awesome suggestion. Because I have total control over my startle reflex. I'm sure it's just a matter of not trying hard enough.

Maybe if I really focus I can grow another set of arms too. Or make my feet less narrow so normal shoes fit better.

I'll get right on that. Maybe as soon as I'm done growing a human.

You're a peach, buddy. I love ya!

Seriously though, if anyone has ideas on how to be startled less easily, I'd love to hear them. :o)

I love being able to laugh at the little things -- have a great weekend everyone!

1 comment:

  1. The bit about things to do in Cleveland reminded me that I've been meaning to ask you- do you watch 30 Rock? I love the show, but I'm asking specifically because they had a couple of episodes featuring Cleveland, the best quote being "Of course we can't all just move to the place of our dreams, because otherwise everyone would live in Hawaii and Cleveland". Anyway, I always think of you guys when remembering that.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails