Friday, September 18, 2009

favorite thing friday

Since I got pregnant my dietary needs have really changed.

It turns out that maintaining an adult body (me, pre-pregnancy) requires a very different diet than growing a new person from scratch (baby bean).

He needs a lot more protein to build, well, everything, than I tend to take in.

I've never been a big meat-eater, so being told to increase my protein load was a little intimidating. I bumped up both meat and beans, but still wasn't convinced that I was getting enough protein.

Then I found these little beauties...




Special K Protein Shakes!




Now, before I start getting concerned comments and emails, please realize that these are NOT diet shakes. I know that drinking diet shakes (or dieting in general) while pregnant is a terrible idea.

These are designed to be a snack, so at 180 calories each, I don't feel like I'm packing on the mama bear fat for hibernation either.

Just get them super cold and it's delicous! Not exactly like a milkshake, but they are really creamy and satisfying.

And with 10g of protein to boot!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds good to me although I love meat and getting protein has never been my issue~ its the not eating vegetables thing thats been hard for me, so I drink V8 to help with that...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails