Thursday, September 17, 2009

i heart eBay

I love getting a good deal!

But I also insist on having high quality. I don't mind buying used items, but they need to be in good shape. There's nothing more frustrating to me than buying something, having it fall apart, and needing to replace it quickly.

eBay is an awesome source for high-quality, inexpensive stuff!

I've bought a few things in the past, both new and used, and found them all to be exactly as described by the seller. Buying stuff on eBay scared me a little at first, but then I realized how valuable the consumer comments are. No one will buy from someone with negative comments, so the sellers are very careful to be honest. It's worked out well for me!

Since I realized how much stuff the bean needs (or I want for him!) I've turned to eBay a couple times to buy special items. The great thing about buying baby things on eBay is that most people don't use them for long, so they are all practically new!

My first great find was a Bebe Au Lait nursing cover. These retail for $35 and I got mine (used once) for less than $15!



Assuming the bean and I are able to get this nursing thing figured out, I'm going to get a ton of use out of this cover. Yay!

Next came these amazing stroller hooks. I have a stroller with split handles and needed a way to attach my diaper bag. Most hooks just swing from the crossbar, but since I don't have one I needed something strong that would stay on a vertical bar.



These Think King mighty stroller hooks are awesome! I ended up buying them new on eBay, but didn't have to pay any shipping. After shopping around a lot, this was by far the best deal. They came the other day and work perfectly!

I'll post a photo of the diaper bag on the hooks when I get one taken.

My most recent baby purchase on eBay is by far my favorite -- my Vera Bradley diaper bag!

I saw this bag in a store around town and fell in love. It's a great size and a really fun print. Unfortunately, it was also really expensive (like $97). Sure, I'll be using it all the time and if I couldn't find a better price I probably would have paid it.



However...

eBay came through! I found a brand new bag in the print I wanted, bid on it, and won! It cost me $35 less than buying it in the store.

So exciting!!

It just came yesterday and is in perfect condition. I certainly can't tell any difference between it and the one from the store.



My latest find is a baby carrier. I'm currently bidding on a Beco Baby Carrier -- these are really expensive too and I'm trying to avoid paying full price at all cost {no pun intended}. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. I love the Vera Bradley bags! I have a bag for school and a everyday purse that I am in love with. My favorite things is being able to wash it when it gets dirty!

    Happy ebay finding!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails