Tuesday, September 1, 2009

gender reveal - FAQs

I got a couple of questions after revealing the baby's gender and realize they were all things I meant to mention in the original post and forgot. So here you go!

First, Drew and I had intended to wait until the birth to find out the gender...originally. As time went by, I realized that the 20 week ultrasound would be my only chance to find out and I started to feel a little pressured by that. Part of me really wanted to know! I'm a planner and I had a strong to desire to put a name with the baby, buy some clothes, get a coming home outfit, etc.

I began testing the waters with Drew and he was still against it...at first. After we talked about it for a couple weeks, he decided to go with it and let me have my way on this one. I'd like to think it was a team decision, but I know in my heart he gave in to what I wanted. Thanks, buddy.

Now we're both happy to know and don't regret finding out at all!

Secondly, we do have a name picked out and we use it around the house all the time! This is pretty dangerous. We want to keep it a surprise from our friends and family and using it sometimes is just asking for trouble. If we make it another 4 months without slipping up, it will be a miracle. Oh well, worse things have happened.

I even have the letters of his name ready to hang above the crib, but I have to wait until the grandparents are all done visiting this fall! :o)

From what I've heard from other moms of boys, there's nothing like the love that a little boy has for his mommy. I'm really looking forward to that.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, so true, a baby boys love is the just the SWEETEST!

    Post pictures of his room before you hang the letters above his bed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our stories are very similar! Scott didn't want to know, but I'm a planner by nature, and even though I would have been "OK" with not finding out the gender, the surprise factor was killing me. Scott ended up "deciding" during the sonogram to go ahead and find out, but he later admitted that he had decided weeks earlier to find out because the suspense was killing him as well! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your baby boy! My first is a boy and I wouldn't have it any other way! He is wonderful and so thoughtful! I am now expecting my second girl and they are so much fun, too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails