Tuesday, September 15, 2009

26 weeks

The bean and I are now in our 26th week together!



He's such a little sweetie in there, giving me lots of kicks and nudges throughout the day.



I can tell that he hears my voice, which is really special. This morning my alarm went off and I was laying in bed gathering the motivation to get up. I said my first words of the day by asking him if he was ready to get up. No sooner had I started talking than he gave me a kick. He heard me and responded to my voice, I'm convinced!

In other big news, I told my boss yesterday that I'm not planning to come back to work after the baby is born. I was so nervous that he would be upset (I'm his only assistant in the lab, so my leaving is pretty disruptive) but he was very supportive and seems anxious to help me get all the maternity leave that I can from the company. I wasn't expecting that at all and it was a great surprise!

We'll talk more about my post-baby plans later, but for now I'll just say that I'm excited and feel really blessed to be able to stay home with little bean once he arrives!!

How far along: 26 weeks
Net weight gain/loss: up 11 lbs.
Maternity clothes: yes and I'm started to realize how limited my new wardrobe is
Stretch marks: no, yay!
Belly button: still an innie, but transforming quickly.
Sleep: pretty good, but my hip is starting to hurt from only sleeping on my left side
Baby movement: yes and I love it!
Food cravings: anything. everything.
Food aversions: nothing -- bring on the food (see above)
What I miss: mimosas with breakfast-for-dinner night!
Looking forward to: making the bean a onesie with his name on it
Best moment this week: having the first stranger comment on my pregnancy
Milestones: the bean is practicing his breathing and will be completely viable in a few weeks

1 comment:

  1. Just a quick note... saw Denise today and she wanted me to pass on her congratulations and good wishes.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails