Thursday, September 10, 2009

his crib rocks -- our nursery

Baby bean's nursery is all set up!



The furniture arrived a few weeks ago and since then Drew and I have been getting the little accessories we needed to make it home for our little boy.

There are still a few things missing -- mostly practical items, like a diaper pail, that we're hoping to get at our shower in a few weeks. The other big missing item is his name! We're putting the name over his crib, but since that's a big secret you won't see it here. I promise to post a final photo after he arrives so you can see what we did. I already have the letters prepped, they just need to go up!

As you come in from the hallway...



The crib converts into a full-sized headboard, so barring any baby destruction, we're hoping that this crib will be with him for a very long time.



I just love the bedding -- even though it's technically marketed for girls I don't see any reason why boys can't like birds and trees. We picked bedding that might be a little girly, but tried to pair it with dark furniture and other more "masculine" details. There will be plenty of years for him to insist on trucks, trains, bugs, and other boy things, so I'm getting what I love for now! :o)



These dressers are perfect for all of his blankets, sheets, and clothes (so far!)





I actually first saw these hatching chick paintings on another blog and instantly fell in love. They were the first thing I bought for the baby after I found out I was pregnant and created the theme for the room.



Drew's grandparents gave us this glider rocker as a baby gift and we love it! Even without a baby to rock, I sit in it all the time to read and relax. It will definitely be one of those pieces that moves to another part of the house after the babies are grown.



One of my friends who is a social worker (thanks, Karen!) was telling me how important it is for young children to have easy access to books, so Drew and I decided to get these bins for them. This way little one can dig around for his favorites, dump them out, or whatever! I didn't have room for a bookshelf and I like that these are low so I don't have to worry about anything tipping over on him.



We went with the same theory for the toys. These bins don't have lids that can snap down on tiny fingers. Toy chests scare me to death, so this was a great alternative.



My parents gave us this quilt rack last Christmas and I'd been looking for the perfect use for it. I love it here!



Decorating the nursery has been so much fun -- I'm a little sad that it's all done! I hope my little boy has lots of sweet dreams and fun play time in his room.

6 comments:

  1. Baby Eugene would look nice on the wall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bedding and don't find it 'girly' -- think your little fella will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've done SUCH a great job... and you make me feel so far behind! :-) Eli's room is one huge mess right now. His baby furniture won't come until the first week of November, and we haven't even taken out the existing guest room furniture or painted yet.

    Seriously though, great job. The room is very cute. I LOVE the hatching chick paintings and bins for books and toys.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails