Monday, August 31, 2009

the big gender reveal

Exactly 36 days ago, I found out the gender of my unborn baby.

Drew and I knew that we had this vacation planned with his family and decided to keep the secret until we were all together. We thought it would be fun to surprise everyone at once, rather than make a series of phone calls -- so we kept it to ourselves.

I wouldn't recommend it (although the surprise part was super fun!).

This was such a hard secret to keep! Because they read this blog, I couldn't tell you all either.

But now the secret is out and I want to fill the rest of the world in on my exciting news.

The bean is no longer he/she...he's a BOY!

Here's the ultrasound photo that convinced us.



I promise this is the last time I'll be posting my little guy's 'goods' on the internet. I think it's ok as long as he's still in utero...right? :o)

Drew and I are so excited to have a little guy on the way. We have a name picked out for him, but that is definitely going to remain a secret until his birth day.

Love you little boy! Keep growing strong -- we'll see you in December!

7 comments:

  1. I knew it!! Congrats!!!! I thought you wanted to wait til he was born to find out? Although, I think you knew he was a boy all along too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to Team Blue!!! Yeah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! That is such exciting news!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So exciting! And yes, I think the goods are safe as long as they're in grainy black and white.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! That's wonderful news! I surely couldn't have kept it a secret that long - good job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats again on the baby boy! I'm sure you're so glad it doesn't have to be a secret anymore!

    Do you and Drew use the baby's name when talking about him to each other? Scott and I have a name picked out, and since we say it all the time around each other, I know we will slip up (probably more than once) about saying the name around other people.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails