Monday, August 24, 2009

mango tango

Were we a mango before? It feels familiar.

At any rate, this is a bigger one than before. The bean is a little over a pound! He/she is also about 11 inches long.

At 23 weeks, the baby can hear what's going on outside -- songs on the radio, lawn mowers, Daddy's voice, etc. A lot of that noise is muffled and distorted (obviously, since it has to travel through skin, fat, organs, and amniotic fluid) but the bean can hear me really clearly!

Baby W also has a more developed sense of movement, so he/she can feel it when I dance around or rock in our new glider. No Tilt-A-Whirl for us, thanks.

Over the past few days the baby movement has become even stronger and more distinct. The other day I was laying in bed and definitely saw my entire abdomen move. Baby likes to dance!

Before I got pregnant, I thought the whole "feeling something move independently inside me" thing would be a little creepy, but it's really, really not. It's amazing. I love it.

T-minus 5 days until baby's first beach vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails