Tuesday, August 18, 2009

22 weeks

Another week is in the books. The time has been passing really, really quickly. We're at 22 weeks now!



I wrote a post last week about how much I love all of the kicks baby bean has been giving me and I still do! The kicks have been getting stronger and more consistent over the past week. Feeling the bean move is by far the coolest thing I've ever experienced.



Next Monday is another doctor's appointment. This time...the dreaded glucose test!

I've heard horrible things about how gross the drink is, but I think I can handle it. I mean, c'mon people, I'm facing childbirth in less than 20 weeks -- how troubling can drinking 500mL of orange fluid really be?


If I'm not tough enough to down a shot of glucose-spiked beverage then what hope do I have of successfully evacuating an 8 pound baby?

I can do it!

{thanks, Rosie}



Here's to no gestational diabetes!

How far along: 22 weeks
Net weight gain/loss: up 6lbs since getting pregnant
Maternity clothes: pants exclusively, some shirts, lots of dresses
Stretch marks: none, thanks Mama Bee
Belly button: very clean (and wide)
Sleep: even better since I got a body pillow
Baby movement: rockin' and rollin'
Food cravings: cheese and broccoli potato from Wendy's (still need 1 of these)
Food aversions: not much. Hungry these days.
What I miss: my coordination. Still. Broke something else this week. Grr...
Looking forward to: that potato from 3 items up
Best moment this week: seeing and feeling more kicks from Baby Beckham or Hamm
Milestones: the bean can hear my voice and is starting to recognize it

2 comments:

  1. Looking good Emily! I love your play by play of this big event. Say hi to the bean for us!!

    Love, Aunt Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto. Here's to no gestational diabetes! And the drink isn't that bad. It's been about 15 years since I had one; my memory isn't super-clear, but I remember it wasn't great but wasn't extremely terrible.

    I'm lovin' the blog.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails