Thursday, August 20, 2009

laugh a little

The past few days I've felt a lot of sadness in the lives of my blogging friends. Maybe it's just the blogs I read, but recently several of them have carried hard news of loss, grief, stress, and worry.

Even though I don't know you in real life, I feel deeply for your pain and wish there was a way for me to help lighten your burdens.

Then I remembered Gladys.

A few months ago I posted a You Tube video of a clip from the Ellen DeGeneres show that's hilarious.

I think the world needs another visit from Gladys.

There are quite a few people who see this blog now who didn't the last time I posted this, so if you haven't seen it you need. to. watch.

Laugh a little and let some of the stress go. I know the hard things are still there, but hopefully Gladys will brighten your day like she has mine.

Sometimes what you really need is an 80 year old woman from Austin, TX to make you smile.

Thanks, Gladys.

And to all my fellower bloggers who are in the midst of hard situations right now, please know that I think about you and am praying for peace and joy in your lives.

Our mouths were filled with laughter,
our tongues with songs of joy.
Then it was said among the nations,
The LORD has done great things for them.

The LORD has done great things for us,
And we are filled with joy.

Psalms 126:2-3

I wish there was more I could do, but for now...watch and laugh.



{This is kind of long, so if you're short on time, fast forward to 3:30 for the best parts}

1 comment:

  1. I love this! I particularly love that she's a fellow Austinite :)

    This is exactly what I was needing. I've been quite stressed myself, despite my efforts to relax, and it's nice to just sit back, relax and think about something else. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails