Friday, July 17, 2009

thankful

Today I'm grateful that God has my baby in His hands.

"Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you. Before you were born, I set you apart."
Jeremiah 1:5


Even since I felt the bean flutter around yesterday I've felt more connected to her. Of course, I loved him since I knew he was in there, but there's something different -- deeper -- about feeling the little kicks and waves.

Of course, I'm doing my best to take care of myself and the bean during this pregnancy, but the pressure to grow and keep healthy a new person is intense! Sometimes I feel a little overwhelmed and ill-equipped to do it the best way my baby deserves.

Then I remembered that God has known and planned for this little one long before I ever did. My baby's creator knows his/her gender (that's a secret I'd love to know as well!), but beyond that knows where she'll go and what he'll become. I'll do everything in my power now to keep him or her well and trust God with the rest.

"I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him. So now I give him to the Lord. For his whole life he will be given over to the Lord."
1 Samuel 1:27-28


Drew and I would like to have a verse put on the wall of the baby's nursery and I think it might be 1 of these 2.

Anyone have a preference or another suggestion? I'd love to hear them all!

**This was a little deep and wordy -- thanks for making it to the end! Posts with photos of cute baby stuff to come!**

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful post :) Babies really are a gift from God. I bought a blue cross with a bible verse on it to put in the baby's room the other day...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails