Friday, July 31, 2009

favorite thing friday

For those of you who have been following along with my week-by-week pregnancy journey, you'll have noticed a certain trend.

For several weeks in a row my "craving" item has been guacamole!



I took it off recently -- not because I don't want it anymore -- but just because I figured you all could use some variety.

I love guacamole!

Especially now that the bean is on board.

Drew and I were making it at home for awhile, but found it hard to find good quality avocados in Cleveland sometimes. We made 1 really bad batch and decided that the cost just didn't add up.

So my options became:

1) go without guacamole (don't be ridiculous)

2) find a good pre-made substitute at the grocery store

Option #2 sounds good, but wasn't as easy as I had hoped. Even before I got pregnant, but especially now, I try not to eat too many processed foods. Waaay too many guacamole "dips" have a whole lot more in them than just the avocados and spices that I love.

However, luck (and love) found me on the day I ran across my new favorite thing...

Wholly Guacamole



This stuff is awesome!

It has all natural ingredients, isn't too chunky (my personal preference) and has a nice garlicky flavor (again, my fav).

The one problem with it was the price. My pregnant self could eat a 7oz container in about 2 sittings. The cheapest sale price my grocery store ever had was 2 for $7, which wasn't exactly breaking the bank, but still qualified as a treat.

All that changed on a truly magical day last Saturday when Drew and I were at Costco and I saw the 3 tub party pack of Wholly Guacamole.

Be still my beating heart.

Even better yet, the tubs are 16oz each and can be frozen. For only $12 I almost bought 2. Drew asked if I was planning a party and I told him, "yes, the bean and I are partying our way through a bag of Tostitos tonight. Want to watch?"

If you love guacamole definitely give this kind a try. Sign up for coupons on their website and you can get it for even less money!

Only don't let me know if you do -- or the bean and I will be at your door. But we do bring our own chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails