Friday, July 24, 2009

baby dreams

I've been having some really vivid dreams recently.

From what I hear, this is pretty common during pregnancy, but nobody knows why. One dream was wonderful and the other...well, not so much.

A few nights ago I dreamed that I had a beautiful baby boy who was living life with me. We weren't doing anything special, just going to the store and hanging out at home. It was great!

Then the next night I dreamed that my little boy was handed over to me at his birth and he was a plastic doll. You know that old-fashioned kind that has the eyes that open when you sit them up? It was like that and really creepy. That one scared me.

I think all these hormones are getting the best of me!

One thing that seems consistent among all my baby dreams is that the baby is a BOY.

Do you think there's anything to this?

I just put a poll at the side of my blog asking who "knew" what they were having while they were pregnant. I have a strong feeling that this baby is a boy, but I don't have any good reason to think so.

My ultrasound is on Monday and I really want to find out one way or another, but Drew is holding firm on being surprised at the birth. *sigh* He doesn't have much other say in this pregnancy, so I can honor this surprise for him.

I guess.

:o)

I'm not sure how many mamas read this blog, but if you do, please vote and let me know if you had a "sense" of your baby's gender while you were pregnant!

3 comments:

  1. I am a momma and I read your blog :)

    I kind of sensed that I was having a boy, because I couldn't imagine myself having a girl. I did end up having a boy (he is 7 now).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're having a boy too. All along I have felt that way.

    With all 3 of my pregnancies I dreamt I was having a boy and low and behold I had boys. The 2nd and 3rd time I didn't want to believe it (wanted a girl so bad) I kept the dreams to myself until after confirmed ultrasounds. So in my experience, what you dream is what you are having. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe, if you want to know and he doesn't then maybe you can tell the u/s tech to tell you on the side when hubby isn't around? Or, will that be too much temptation for him? I could not wait the entire pregnancy to find out!

    I was sure this baby was a girl to be honest with you, but I've now had 3 ultrasounds in the last 2 weeks saying that its a boy. My intuition is terrible...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails