Tuesday, November 8, 2011

a table of his own

Over the weekend Drew and I took a trip to Ikea and got Asher a table and chairs that are just his size!  There were a couple important reasons that we did this, but I have to wait until I've got a nice stretch of time to type out the big story for you all.  It's coming, though, I promise.


Anyway, we thought that Ikea would be a great place to look for kid sized furniture and we were right.  They had several different options for tables and chairs {rectangular, square, wood, plastic} - all at great prices!  This little blue number is really sturdy and big enough to last Asher through a few years of growth. 


He loves it!


The other night Asher sat there to eat his dinner and I couldn't get over how big he looked.  {Even with the shoebox beneath his feet to let him put his feet flat down.}  :-)


We're still working on sitting still through a-l-l of the meal without hopping up to play in between courses.  Currently Ash eats part of his meal there, then transitions to the high chair {with straps and a tray} for the remainder.


If you're looking for a table for your toddler, I highly recommend it!  We're looking forward to lots of lunch dates, coloring, Play-Doh, and craft sessions at this little table.  Yay!

6 comments:

  1. I love Ikea! Great find! I'm glad to see you got an extra chair for when his girlfriends come over :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a big boy!!

    We went to Ikea this weekend too! (College Park store) I went waaaaay overboard. It's like being a kid in a candy store!!! I got so much stuff... I love all their kid furniture. We got some of the plastic chairs and stools and an awesome storage bin for his toys. (Plus a bunch of other cool little things that added up way too fast! haha)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much fun :) We love IKEA too! It's so hard to get a toddler to sit for a meal isn't it . . . never thought I'd clap, cheer, and count bites in my life as much as I do now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eli loves his litle table and chairs. We often keep one chair in the kitchen as a spot to keep snacks, cups, etc. And the other chair stays with the table as an ideal spot for coloring. I've also used the chair(s) as a photo prop many times!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Ikea stuff!!! But it's a pain to get there [it's about an hour drive from our house on heavy trafficed highways!] but it's always fun to go and check out what they have. We have a small table with chairs that B got for Christmas last year! It's in the basement since he hasn't shown much interest in it and always wants to sit at the "big boy" table with Mommy & Daddy, and whoever else is available for the meal...like his newly acquired Bear. :) That blue set is so cute, though! I haven't ever thought of putting ours in the kitchen, this is a great idea that I would like to try! :) Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it!!! We have a Little Tykes table I found used, but the chairs are really small. Jack is a big boy and needs something that will be more comfortable. Ours is in the basement so when we're down there playing, he has a place to eat his snack and color. He loves it! I think after the holidays we'll be making a trip to Ikea to get a better one!
    P.S. You always have the best titles for your posts! I can never think of something both clever and relevant.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails