Wednesday, November 9, 2011

i have a smart kid

This is one of those posts where I just have to brag a little.  There aren't any photos {sorry} just a fun story that I want to remember.  :-)

Last night Asher walked over to where I store my folded step stool {I'm short and need a boost to reach the upper cabinets...} and started pointing at it.  Drew was home and we were both interested in where this was heading, so Drew pulled it out for him.  Asher directed him over to a certain part of the kitchen and had Drew open the step stool.

Wouldn't you know, but Asher started to climb the ladder!  He's never done this before, but somehow knew that to get his cereal he would need a little vertical help.  Asher got up to the top step {still feet from the upper cabinet} and pointed up, so Drew opened the cabinet for him and retrieved the cereal that Asher was wanting.

Why Asher didn't just ask us for cereal - like he does every morning - I have no idea.  Guess he thought he could handle things himself this time, if he only had a little help in reaching.  :-)

Smarty pants.

Drew and I will be completely superfluous any day now.

1 comment:

  1. smart kiddo!!!! :) Isn't it amazing to see them showcase all that they know???

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails