Tuesday, November 15, 2011

bouncing for joy

Another first for Asher this weekend was jumping in a moon bounce!


Just like with the pony rides, at first he was a little hesitant.  In fact - it may have taken me climbing in with him to get the party started. 

Here's where I admit that I was seriously concerned about getting inside.  I mean these things aren't designed for adults and my HUGE fear was somehow 'popping' it and ruining the whole party with my mommy-sized self.  The only reason I gave it a try was because every single other kid was over at the pony rides and I figured if it can handle 15 jumping children, then surely it can hold the combined weight of one {barely bouncing} Emily + Asher.

Once I got in Asher loosened up and realized how much FUN it is to bounce! 


Even when I got out and the other kids came back Asher had a great time.  I, on the other hand, was a wreck.  The bigger kids were going crazy - jumping and flipping - and I was terrified Asher would get crushed.  Needless to say, we got him out of there pretty soon after. 

He wasn't a fan of that idea.


Drew and I both love seeing Asher have fun so much that now we're talking about renting a moon bounce for his birthday!  We figure if it's just him and a few other little kid friends then the potential for crush injuries should be minimal.  Stay tuned...ha! 

3 comments:

  1. He would love Bounce U! It's a large room full inflatable fun! OR Monkey Joe's! I've never been there before, but I read a blog about it and heard it's great. It's designed specifically for younger kids -- they even have a tot section for kids 3 and under!! There's one right in Camp Hill!

    http://www.monkeyjoes.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got one for Presley's 1st birthday (more for the older kids ) and it was a huge hit. Presley loves to bounce, but even more than that she loves to climb in and out of the bounce houses. Girl makes me a nervous wreck. And yes, it's terrifying when the older kids get to jumping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that last picture!! My cousin had one at her house for 4th of July. By the time Jack got in it he was by himself and I absolutely did not hesitate to get in there with him! :) He didn't jump around, but he loved laying down while I bounced him. So fun!! It's definitely great to watch your kid's face light up and enjoy something.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails