Sunday, August 1, 2010

weekend on the farm

Drew and I met up with some of his work friends this weekend at a local working farm.  Can you believe there are farms less than 10 miles from Washington, DC?


 I couldn't either.


At any rate, here we are!


Asher got to see his first sheep, goats, turkey, chickens, and horses.



 He couldn't have cared less.  Oh well, I think it will be a little while before he gets into seeing animals.  Maybe the aquarium would be a better choice since the could get up close and personal to the glass?

 
Hello, Jeff and Kylie!


 Drew tried to let Ash pat the horse {despite my desperate pleas to 'move back, don't let him touch them!'}


Fortunately, Ash wasn't interested in the horses.  In fact, this was only minutes before his complete and utter meltdown.


We skipped his noon time nap, hoping he would sleep on the ride there {which, of course, he didn't} so he got very tired and irritable about 15 minutes into our farm adventure.  Does anyone else have a super sensitive baby who punishes you with any variation to his schedule?

I'd love to take him more places to do things, but if we have to be at home for naps right on time it really limits what we can do.  This is a major bummer, but I'm not sure what to do about it.  Having a screaming, inconsolable baby is no fun.

Despite those 20 minutes of crying we had a great weekend!  It was terrific weather here and we got out a lot!  For now we're just revving up for the coming week.  Hope you all had good weekends too!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I've become a major flake lately because I feel like I have zero time to do ANYTHING outside of the house between the time Ava wakes up, goes down for a morning nap, and goes down for an afternoon nap. I basically flaked on all my plans this weekend because naptime is my priority - what fun is it to be out and about if baby is freaking out???

    Anyways, I feel ya!

    BTW - may need you to make me a signature pretty please :) I suck at this tech stuff (and don't have photoshop)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seraya is just like that. She needs to stick to her routine or she is a mad baby! We just had an issue with that this weekend. I miss doing certain things but would rather have a happy, rested baby!

    And I think the aquarium idea is great! That was Seraya's favorite part at the zoo!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails