Wednesday, August 25, 2010

shoulda named him george

This boy is into everything.  He's interested in everything.  He's curious about every. thing.

Which is great!

I love that he wants to learn new things and experience new sensations.

As an adult, however, I am sometimes baffled by the things he prefers.  For example, here's his play space in our living room.


Tons of baby toys that flash, make noise, rattle, and squeak.  They stimulate all of his senses and are varied enough to provide an for an interesting day.

Apparently I'm deluded by the propaganda Fisher-Price is putting out there because Asher is consistently more interested in the fuzz on the carpet that my vacuum missed than he is in his toys.

Or the computer cord that hangs in his line of sight.

Or the pillows that rest on the couch.

Or, as I found yesterday, the big metal floor lamp.



He loved this thing!


When I picked A up to move him back to the baby zone he lunged at the the shade and wanted to touch it all over.



I figure as long as it's safe he should be able to explore whatever he wants!  You go, Curious Asher, you go.

4 comments:

  1. I have already decided that I'm not going to buy Presley anymore toys. She generally prefers outlets, electrical cords, cellphones etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same goes for Ava - she LOVES the entertainment center (mainly the xbox) and prefers it to almost anything. This makes for one nervous daddy, let me tell ya! We're investing in a flat screen TV lock before this week is over!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, those pictures of Asher all over that lamp are great!!!! And isn't that just the truth???? In Bennett's room are toys everywhere... books strewn across the floor... but he'd rather play with the vent on the wall. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jarrett is the EXACT same way! He always wants what he can't have. If I say "no, no", he thinks its funny. Tonight he had all of his toys out & the funnest thing was a mostly empty water bottle & my laptop cord....sigh.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails