Monday, August 23, 2010

it's a wedding, baby

We had a very busy weekend!  And I know you're all dying to hear about it.  :o)

On Friday my dear friend, Emily, and her brand new {as of 2 weeks ago} husband, Shawn, came to visit us!  Emily and I grew up in the same area, but didn't meet until college.  After 4 fun filled years at Bucknell we try to get together as often as we can - which unfortunately ends up only being once a year or so.


This weekend was the perfect time because another friend of ours from Bucknell, Lara, was getting married just a few hours south of my house in Williamsburg, Virginia.  Emily and Shawn stopped over on their way to Williamsburg to meet Asher and visit with Drew and I for awhile.  If I've learned one thing since having a baby it's that you have to be very intentional about getting photos or it just doesn't happen.  In this case, it didn't happen.  Bummer.

On Saturday we all packed up and headed south on the worst road in America, Interstate 95.  My parents were meeting Drew and I in Williamsburg to watch Asher so we could have a date night at the wedding.  Yay!

Mom fed Asher his dinner while I pumped and got changed for the ceremony.


Drew and I decided to bring Ash with us to the ceremony so he could meet our friends.  He was so well behaved...but had to be taken out anyway.  Unfortunately, the wedding was in this gorgeous little {extremely echo-y} chapel, so every little excited squeak echoed like a banshee scream.


After the wedding we took Asher back to the hotel to be bathed, fed, and put to bed by my parents.  I was worried the whole time because Mr A has been having a lot of separation anxiety recently and doesn't want anyone but me at bedtime.  True to form, he cried and screamed for a loooong time before finally collapsing from exhaustion and disappointment at 9:30 {he usually falls asleep at 7}.

Luckily for me, I didn't know about any of this until later - we were too busy having fun!


My parents were great troopers and responded to all of my worried, check-up emails with calm confidence.  Thanks you both!

While Asher was fighting the inevitable, Drew and I were having a great time at the reception!  It was held at the Williamsburg Winery.  So beautiful!



Lara and Greg looked so happy the entire night.  It was wonderful to see.



Lara, Emily, and I were all roommates senior year along with our 4th Vidinghoff suite-mate, Bethany.  Vidinghoff reunion!

Then:

Now:


It may have been 6 years since we graduated, but I think we all still look pretty good.  :o)

It was a completely whirlwind weekend, but I'm so glad we were able to go.  I love seeing old friends and reconnecting with people.  Hopefully it won't be another 6 years before the Vidinghoff girls get together again!

On Sunday morning we met up with Emily and Shawn for breakfast, then spent some time playing at the hotel with Asher.  My parents made a big trip up from Raleigh to see him and didn't even end up getting that much time {since we got stuck on 95S for a couple extra hours, grrr...}.  Asher wore his Phillies gear for Pop Pop and lapped up all the extra attention.




We'll see you both again in just a few more weeks!

5 comments:

  1. Asher looks like such a big boy in all his pictures! I've been to Williamsburg once and it is a beautiful place! It's wonderful you and Drew were able to enjoy an evening alone knowing that Asher was in capable hands.

    I love the before and after pic. You all look great! BTW, I graduated 6 years ago too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww - you four all look so beautiful! That's one good thing about living in the city you attended college in - easy access to college friends (and Texas football!)

    I was gone from Ava the other night while babysitting, and she did the same thing, screaming and protesting "mamama" until she passed out from delirium around 10. I hope this phase ends soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dress you wore to the wedding is gorgeous! And, Asher seems like he is growing up so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a great "date night" at the wedding! You looked beautiful. P has also been having a rough time at night. It's pretty miserable for everyone:( Oh, and did I mention that Asher is adorable?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You were on my college campus :) Hope you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails