Wednesday, August 18, 2010

expecting the bean

I know that some of you started reading along with us after Asher was born, so you might not realize that I documented virtually every important {and silly, but fun!} thing that happened during my pregnancy here on this blog.   

Emily and Drew {later to become Emily and Drew Plus Asher!} was around long before the bean was conceived, but it almost completely became an electronic pregnancy diary once I found out that I was expecting.

I love looking back at this time last year to see how big the bean was, what my belly looked like, and what I was feeling at the time.  However, clicking back through the dates isn't quite the same as flipping through the memories in a book.

So, I had my blog made into a book!


I love, love, love it!!


These memories are so special to me.  I know that I'll always treasure this book, especially if {God forbid} something happens to the archives of this blog.

It takes us from the first big announcement...


To the biggest announcement.


And everything in between!


The book was made using Blog2Print.  Creating a blog book with this service is a very simple process.  You choose the cover style, cover photos, posts to include, and whether you want the photos in the orientation that you created or in a space saving mode.
 
I thought reorganizing the photos really messed with the integrity of my posts, so I chose to keep my original orientation {even though it made more pages = cost more}.  Although, if I had it to do over I would definitely go for the hardcover.  The default choice is a soft back, which is fine, but since I plan to keep this forever I'd rather have the hard back.

When I make a book from Asher's first year I'll go with the hard cover upgrade for sure!  And I will be making a book for him -- how could I not?  This is his baby book!

And let's face it -- he's too adorable not to document!


Overall I'm really pleased with the final product.  What they do is simple, but exactly what I wanted.  If you're looking to publish your blog I'd definitely recommend it!

5 comments:

  1. I am one of those readers who was reading before Asher was born! My whole reason to start the blog was to document my pregnancy and Seraya's childhood, especially for those friends and family that we don't see often.

    I plan on publishing my blog into books for every year of Seraya's childhood including the pregnancy. I got the idea from my sister to do this. She already has one volume and is almost done with the second. My plan is to keep the volumes in a chest and give it to her on a special occasion, like her 18th birthday or graduation or maybe wedding day.

    I am using blurb.com to do mine and it will be a hardcover book! I would have loved to receive a gift like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used Blurb also, though may check out the company you used next time just to see if it's more user-friendly. Mine wasn't hard to make, but it wasn't necessarily "easy".

    For a second, I thought you were going to make an announcement ;) I have the feeling you'll be the first to have baby #2 for some reason!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome.... what a great thing to have in hard form. And yes, Asher is way too cute not to document. :) I wish I would have done better with my blog while prego with B.... oh well, next time. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also used Blurb when I made my first blog book (from the day I started my blog until the last post before I announced my pregnancy). One of my goals from my 101 List is to make a new blog book of my pregnancy. And then I plan to make one for every year of Eli's life.

    Here's the Blurb link: http://www.blurb.com/create/book/blogbook

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great! I wish I had done something like this when I was pregnant and my boy was a baby. He's *cough* eight years old now.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails