Friday, August 13, 2010

eight months old

Asher, you are 8 months old!


Another month has flown by us at warp speed.  I know every parent says this, but I really can't believe how quickly the time is going.  Can it really have been eight months since I first met this wonderful boy?


Asher, you are growing in leaps and learning new things exponentially. 


Just this month you learned how to blow raspberries, drink through a straw, sit up independently {if I help you get up}, and roll over {really quickly!} in both directions.


You are so interested in everything that goes on around you.


Mr. A you make your Daddy and I smile all the time.  You are our biggest joy and the reason we don't mind waking up at 7am on the weekends.  :o)  Keep learning and growing little man - we can't wait to see what you do next!


At 8 months, Asher:
  • weighs around 18.5 pounds
  • wears a size 3 diaper
  • wears 6-9 month clothes
  • nurses/drinks 4, 8oz bottles a day
  • eats 2 cubes of food twice a day
  • still doesn't like any finger foods
  • has tried applesauce, sweet potatoes, pears, peaches, oatmeal, peas, green beans, avocado, and carrots
  • sleeps 11-12 hours straight at night
  • takes 3 naps during the day {at 8:30, 12, 4}
  • rolls everywhere!!
  • can't crawl yet, but scoots pretty well
  • went to a whole summer worth of Little Bugs classes
  • babbles constantly {you love to tell me stories! Ah, bla, mmm, ddd}
  • loves your Jumparoo!
  • splashes like crazy in the bathtub
  • can now sit up like a champ in the highchair, shopping cart, and restaurant highchair
  • has 2 teeth {bottom, center}
  • smiles hugely every time I sing your favorite song {This is the day that the Lord has made!}
  • thinks the mesh bag hanging from his closet is the coolest, most exciting thing {go figure}
  • and Mommy's personal favorite:  you reach up for me to pick you up!

5 comments:

  1. Happy 8 Months, Asher!!! OMG Emily, he is sooooooo cute. My favorite pics are the 1st one and the mirror one. ADORABLE...seriously!!!! What a sweetie pie. I can't believe it's been 8 months.... I guess people don't lie about time flying with a baby!!

    p.s. I LOVE when B reaches for me too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Goodness, Happy 8 months Asher! So Adorable! I love his fav. song, Ethan loves it too...how funny. Love all the pictures...the ones with the mirror are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 8 months Asher! Love the mirror pic. I, also, love when P reaches out for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 8 months, Asher!! I love the second picture where he is looking at the elephant. Super cute! this time has definitely flown right by. It's crazy! Every time a new month hits I think, "wow, Jack turns x months old this month". Once Asher has his "birthday", it's like a domino effect with all the babies having their month birthdays.

    I also love it when Jack reaches for me. He has just started this and I'm trying to teach him "up". It melts my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy eight months, Asher!!

    I love the pic where he's looking over his shoulder at the mirror - too sweet!

    I can't believe that's the same elephant!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails