Thursday, August 19, 2010

hide and seek

Asher recently discovered that this little green door on his music table will open and close.


And open and close it does.


Like 100 times in a row.

Open.

Close.

Open.

Close.

Open.

Close.

Open.

Close.

Get the idea....

Oh, by the way, did I mention that it plays music / says "open" "close" every time he does that?

It's cool.  I'm not losing my mind!

But we might lose some batteries.

Anyway, in the middle of one of these marathon open/close sessions I decided to throw a wrench surprise in the process.  The door opens up to reveal a small compartment, so I snuck A's teethifier inside when his head was turned.


He was shocked to find something in there!


It was pretty funny -- but may have backfired on me.  Rather than distract him away from the table by playing with the teethifier, the surprise discovery just encouraged him to open and close the door more often -- supposedly hoping for another fun toy to appear.



That boy.  Good thing he's so darn cute. {and smart!}

6 comments:

  1. How funny! Have you tried turning the page so that it does music and not words? I mean, I'm assuming you have and Asher just keeps turning the page back. I guess we're lucky that Elike likes the music side better than the letters/numbers/word side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny. I'm sure there will be plenty more toys we want to lose batteries from in the next few years! hehe. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very funny! I feel your pain...Seraya has the same toy except her door is a lavender color and she loves to open and close....and open...and close....and open...and close...and open...and close...............

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! Isn't it great to watch them discover how something works? I love it!

    Cute book too. I may make one for all of Jack's firsts, but don't plan on doing much more than that. I do have an actual baby book I'm doing for him. Are you forgoing a traditional baby book and only using your blog? You have some terrific, funny, and just plain cute posts so you will have some awesome memories to look back on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, that's so adorable! I'm thinking of getting a teethifier for Ava since she's definitely teething something fierce - still like it? It looks like he does!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails