Monday, July 19, 2010

weekend visitors

Asher's grandparents came for a visit this weekend!


He loves having them come over -- mostly because of the non-stop attention he ends up getting!  You know, of course, when it's just the 3 of us Asher is pretty much on his own.  Having the g-parents around guarantees a neglected baby a weekend of play filled bliss.

Jumping, jumping with Grandma


It's hard to get a good photo of Asher these days because he is either jumping, kicking his legs, or throwing his arms around constantly.  I'm thinking about switching my camera over to the "sports" setting in the hopes that these action photos won't be so blurry. 

Drew's parents spoiled Mr A with some terrific new toys.  Grandpa was in charge of freeing them from their boxes.  That's easier said than done.  Why, oh why do toy manufacturers feel the need to secure preschool toys with the same kind of zip ties that law enforcement officers use to apprehend dangerous criminals?  I mean, seriously, who's trying to rip off the "Pop Up Friends" toy?


Hurry, Grandpa!


More photos of Asher playing with his new entertainment to come!

We have a wonderful weekend visiting with them {despite the fact that both Drew and I were really sick with the cold that Asher was kind enough to share with us}.  On Saturday, the boys were left at home while Grandma and I hit the outlets!  Asher has virtually no clothes beyond 9 months, so we had to remedy that.  His closet is full now!  It was so nice to have someone {older than 7 months} to go shopping with -- thanks for coming out with me!!

While we were burning a hole through our credit cards, the big men were at home with the littlest man.  They lowered Asher's crib {SOB -- how can he need a lower crib already??}, went to the grocery store, and got some lunch.  I was very impressed by how ambitious they were.  Way to go Daddy and Grandpa!


I think the next time we'll see them is at the family shore vacation next month.  We can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. It's awesome to get some quality time in with the GParents. B gets TONS of time with them on my side but not as much time with them on Husband's side. He loves it all...all the attention and really, really loves my Mom. :) I love to see them play together and bond. Heartmelting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it just me or are older baby toys far superior to the rattles of old? I love some of A's new toys!

    Seeing pics of Asher with his grandparents makes me excited for our trip to California so A can meet my family in a few weeks!

    Thanks for all the help with my button! You're a lifesafer :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails