Monday, July 12, 2010

baby on the way!

Not for me...

For these lovely people!


Our friends, Carl and Karen, are expecting their first baby in January!

Drew and I are both so excited for them.  They are such great people and will be terrific parents.  Our #1 biggest regret about leaving Cleveland is that we had to leave them behind.  In fact, we're seriously considering driving out to the Cleve, kidnapping them, and forcing them to move into the house next door to us {it's for sale, you guys!}

On second thought, that might put a little strain on our friendship.  I'll keep thinking.

When I say they are great people, that isn't just empty flattery.

K&C are great listeners


and really know how to pay attention.


They give great gifts


And are darn attractive.



Karen and Carl were so kind and generous to us the entire time we were expecting Asher and then after he was born.  Karen helped to plan and execute our baby shower last fall.  So fun!


The night my water broke they drove right over to our house to grab our house key in case we needed anything from the house, then about 15 minutes after they got back home dropped everything to come back over, pick up my "baby notebook" and drive it to the hospital for me.


They came to visit us the day after we got home from the hospital with Asher and were our first friends to hold him!


I can't tell you the number of times Karen and/or Carl called me on their way home from work just to see if I needed anything from the grocery store.  Who does that?? 

They did.


You guys go well with a baby.



You both are seriously the best kind of friends. If there's anything at all we can do to support you during this very exciting time, you have to let us know!

Everyone else out there needs to hightail it over to their blog and offer up some congratuations!

I can't wait to follow along with your journey to parenthood!

4 comments:

  1. If I were Karen I would drive to D.C. just to punch you for putting that pic on the internet ;)

    They sound like great friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I am thinking about! I don't even remember you taking that picture! too funny! You two would do the same for us! We miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww - how sweet! It's so nice to have such great friends!

    When your headline popped up on my blogroll, I thought it was you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen warned me about this. Your blog should also have said we don't take compliments very well so if we had any creative control that post would probably have been taken down! It's totally true that you guys would do the same for us!

    Fun fact, i'm checking this from Egypt and whatever is normally written in the blue bar at the top of the page is all in Arabic. This comment screen was too when I first opened, but the second time it's in English thank goodness!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails