Friday, July 30, 2010

the mother of the year award

will be cruising right past my house this year.

While cleaning my bathroom yesterday I left Asher playing on the floor in my bedroom.  He was on carpeting with a couple baby appropriate toys {read: nice and soft}.  All seemed well until I returned to check on him and found this:


{See the cut beneath his left eye?  It looks bigger in person.}

What, the what??


How did that happen?


There are 2 major mysteries here.

#1:  How did he manage to cut his face?  His finger nails are super short and he was only playing with soft toys.

#2:  What kind of baby cuts his face to the point of bleeding and doesn't make a peep?  There wasn't any crying or even a quick shout out.  That's the main reason I didn't realize anything had happened until later.

In general he seems totally fine.  It's just so strange!  At any rate, I think this confirms my exclusion from the mother of the year award.  I find some comfort from knowing that no matter what happens I'll always be the mother of his year {by default, but who's counting.}

3 comments:

  1. Poor Asher... you're starting to look like Eli, who forever seems to have a nick by his nose or a scratch on his head! :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right there with ya, friend!

    At least when it happened you weren't hiding in the bathroom shame-eating half a dozen cookies, right? Look on the bright side :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw. Don't worry You're not alone. Ethan seem's to cut himself all the time no matter how short I get his nails!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails