Friday, July 30, 2010

making a blog signature

Lots of people have been asking me recently how I made my blog signature and button.  I'm happy to help anyone who wants it, but thought it might be easiest if I posted some references here!

{Why reinvent the wheel, right?}

While I did make my own signature and button, I didn't figure out how to do it on my own.  I used some really great web tutorials to design the button/signature and insert them into Blogger HTML.

If you're wanting to personalize your blog a bit, I'd highly recommend checking out these tutorials.  Then just play around {and around} until you come up with something that you like! 

I designed my blog stuff in Photoshop, but this tutorial at The Cutest Blog on the Block also tells you how to do it in paint.net in case you don't have Photoshop.

Another great reference is:  http://www.kevinandamanda.com/  They have blog design tutorials as a link on the righthand sidebar.

Finally, I've found a ton of great general info at: http://www.bloggingbasics101.com/

If anyone needs more details or help designing buttons or signatures, just leave me a comment or email.  I'm happy to help!

---------------------------------------------

In a completely unrelated note, Internet Explorer won't let me open up The Souders Saga blog anymore.  Ashlie, I want to see your new posts and can't for some reason!  Is anyone else having this issue??  It updates on my sidebar, but then when I click to open it says the IE can't open.  Boo. 

Happy 7 months to Miss P in the meantime -- hopefully I'll get the problem figured out soon!

7 comments:

  1. Hey, Found you on Follow Me, Chickadee.
    Asher is soooo adorable. Thanks for the post on making a blog signature.
    Follow me at No Finish Line
    http://flemfab5.blogspot.com
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are all the websites I used. I also went to shabby blogs and clicked on tutorials. Well, that is crazy about my blog! I hope it's not something I did. Boo to that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful baby boy!

    I’m following you from Follow Me, Chickadee Friday. Please follow me back on my blog “Inspire!”

    Ron

    http://inspiredbyron.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great idea! I have to look into it!
    I am your newest follower! Come say hi and follow me back!
    have a great Friday!
    XO
    Frenchy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by my blog! It is always so fun to "meet" new people! Your blog is super cute :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the info! I made my button using Picnik.com - completely free and easy to use. I don't have photoshop, so I have to find other ways to make these things. It's a challenge but also fun!

    Oh, and I think you are a great mommy! These things are going to happen, whether we're right there or not. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Try using Mozilla as your browser instead of IE to see if that helps your viewing dilemma for the Ashlie updates.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails