Monday, July 5, 2010

our weekend


Asher got to meet his cousin Owen this weekend!



My parents, sister, and nephew all stopped by to visit us for a night on their way to Pennsylvania over the weekend.  The trip worked out great because my nephew, Owen, was with them and he hadn't met Asher yet.  We thought it would be a good idea for them to see each other before Asher started walking around!




We had so much fun visiting with them -- I only wish they could have stayed longer!


This weekend Asher also tried peaches for the first time.  They were a huge hit!  With every other food he has tried the first bite was met with a grimmace and yuck face.  However, after a few tries of the food he comes around and ends up liking it.  Not so with peaches -- Asher totally skipped the yuck phase of things and went straight to "more, please!"  I guess peaches are nice and sweet, so what's not to like.



My only funny 4th of July story for this year...yesterday afternoon I stopped by the liquor store to pick up some tequila for our celebration and the clerk told me to "have a happy 4th with your 5th."  Haha...I thought that was great!  We did!

Hope you all had a great 4th of July!

4 comments:

  1. Ha! That's hilarious about the comment from the liquor store clerk - sounds like a good time! Love me some tequila while I grill!

    Ava loves peaches too after trying them this weekend!

    All you girls in your family look alike - I wish I had sisters near my age!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a good 4th and got to visit with some family.

    We tried peaches last week and Jack loves them as well. This week we're trying pears!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture of Jenn and Asher is so cute! He does love her!

    ~Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 4th!!

    Aren't those faces just hilarious? I hate to laugh at their discomfort, but it's so cute. LOL And I'm pretty sure they're not actually in pain, although some of those faces may be borderline. hehe

    Bennett is going to try peaches this week!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails