Wednesday, May 9, 2012

the rolling stones

So I've mentioned a few times how crazy busy it's been around here and I'm sure one or two of you is wondering why I'm being so whiny. Turns out I have a good reason - we're moving!

{oh yeah, and I'm pregnant. and have a 2 year old}

Meet our new house!


She's still being built, so don't judge her lack of complete siding and a yard too harshly.

At the end of the month my little family will be moving a few hundred miles south to Raleigh. My parents live there and we are so excited to be close to them! We're also excited that after 2 years of living in a {small} rental townhome where we weren't allowed to paint any walls or hang any pictures we will have both space and the ability to make it our own.

A few more pics of our home-to-be...

we're going to have a backyard - yay!


don't be jealous, the porta-potty wasn't included in our contract


We've spent the last month or so driving from DC to NC {and back...} finding a house, then once we picked this one choosing all of the interior finishes {yay for catching ours before it was finished!}. Since they are still finishing up the inside I don't have any photos of that part. You'll have to wait until we move in - home tour to come then. :-)

It's added up to many hours in the car and now many more hours packing up our townhouse.

See.

 


Our house is a maze of cardboard - joy.

Despite all of the work right now, which I guess came at a really bad time since I was in my first trimester for most of it, I'm thrilled to be moving to our own home. We are so blessed!

12 comments:

  1. House looks great!!

    Also, are you sure there are enough bathrooms? Maybe the port-a-pot should stay ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the house, it's gorgeous! Where abouts in Raleigh will you be!? Maybe we can meet up at Marbles or something sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love the new place Emily! It's really beautiful! Bummer, now I know for sure we won't be able to connect for some pregnancy pix! ;-) Can't wait to see more pictures! Say hello to your folks and congrats to them for having you guys so close to them now. Very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! (I knew it!)

    So... is Drew getting a new job, or will he start making some kind of crazy commute? Is this the first home y'all are buying (or did you own in Ohio... I can't remember). Can you tell us more about the process of getting to pick all the interior stuff? (That sounds so fun!)

    I'm super happy for y'all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome and so exciting! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! The house is beautiful... cannot imagine when it is all finished! Now H and I have a place to come visit! :)

    Cannot wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! Wow, all kinds of excitement in your life!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So, so exciting! And what a gorgeous home - congrats!

    Did Drew get a new job?!

    So much going on right now with you guys - you're a trooper!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous house!!!! It will be so nice being close to you parents, especially with 2 little ones. You have to be exhausted, but it will all be worth it. I can't wait to see more pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, what wonderful news! I know you must be happy to be moving closer to your parents and to a warmer climate. I went to school in NC and always wanted to go back. I love it there!

    I can't wait to see more pics of the house and hear about the move. I bet you'll have lots of fun setting up a new nursery! :) I'm sad we didn't get the chance to meet up at all this last year. When do you leave for good? You'll have to send me your new address!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Exciting and stressful! Moving while pregnant is never fun. We moved into our house when I was 27 weeks pregnant with Ethan! Craziness. I hope all goes smoothly. It will be awesome to make the house your own. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am SO behind !!! That house is gorgeous!!! I love the front porch area!!! How nice to be closer to your Parents!!! Look forward to hearing and seeing all about your new house!! How exciting :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails