Saturday, May 26, 2012

movin'

This is it. The week of our move. On Wednesday Asher and I went to our last moms' group meeting and said good-bye to our dear friends. Leaving brings out a lot of emotions in everyone, including the little ones. Asher had his first kiss out of the deal.

 

So sweet! He and Taylor couldn't get enough of each other - ha!

Right after saying our good-byes we hopped in our very full car and started south down 95. Thursday was the walk-through, then on Friday we closed and became homeowners!

Asher is l-o-v-i-n-g the new house. Can you spot him in the backyard?

 

Don't get me wrong, it is a big yard {and huge to us!} but it's not quite as big as the iPhone camera makes it look. Ash does have tons of room to run and play, though, no doubt. :-)

As Drew and I were driving over from my parent's house this morning I caught a glimpse in the rearview mirror of this guy hitching a ride and about jumped out of my shoes. Welcome to the south!

 

Today was spent cleaning, organizing, and making plans for what will go where once the movers finally come next week. I'm thinking about painting the laundry room before my washer and dryer arrive, but can't decide one fun color. Any suggestions??

Asher spent most of today running circles in the finished attic. He loves to run.

Here's my little family, moving into our new house for the first time!

 

Speaking of moving, we had another big piece of excitement this week! When I laid down to take a packing break on Tuesday I felt baby bugaboo move for the first time {16w2d}. It's happened a few times since then and I love it!! We're now entering my favorite part of pregnancy - I just adore feeling little baby move in there. :-)

Needless to say, we're a little busy, so if you don't hear from me in awhile, that's why. Hope to be back with lots of house pics soon!

9 comments:

  1. OMGosh Emily - your new home is b.e.a.u.t.i.f.u.l.!! Love, love, love the fireplace! It looks like your yard is fenced in...PERFECT for Asher and maybe a puppy someday! (Sorry, I couldn't resist!)

    I can't wait to see more photos! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the big move!! And the baby moving, as well - also my favorite time during pregnancy!! The house looks amazing and you will love that back yard! Hope we can get together this summer :)

    Laundry room color: definitely something fun! I would probably do something blue but I'm stuck on blue paint lately. Let us know what you decide!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! Can't wait to see it in person :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your house looks beautiful... I can't wait to see a zillion more pictures!

    And I have no idea what color you're thinking of for laundry, but we painted Eli's bathroom and a wall in our living room Benjamin Moore Halcyon Green (a light turquoise color), and I love it in both rooms (although it does not look like the same color because of lighting and just the stuff in each room).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah on the new house!! Love the big yard and the fireplace is beautiful!!! Love that you can feel the baby! Isn't that the best!?! As far as laundry room color- I would do something bright like an aqua-ish or yellow color : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. So excited for your new chapter in new digs. I love your fireplace! And there is nothing like feeling those little wiggles and kicks:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay, so exciting! I'm so happy for you guys! Hopefully your stuff will arrive ASAP so you can settle in and have it start really feeling like home :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your new house is gorgeous!!! And yay for feeling lil baby move:-))

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great feeling to be in a new home! I went and looked at a new one yesterday and we are going to look again today! It is just across town, but bigger than what we are in today.

    cannot wait to hear more about the unpacking and a-man in his new home!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails