Tuesday, May 8, 2012

{phone dump tuesday}

I got a little behind last week with my birthday celebrations so I missed phone dump Friday - today is catch up day before Friday is here again!

On his way home from work on Thursday Drew stopped off to get me my favorite - cookie cake - for my birthday. He even went to the trouble of having them write "Happy 30th Birthday Emily" on it. Then, disaster struck. While driving the rest of the way home someone cut him off and he had to slam on the brakes. Cookie cake flew off the seat, lost its lid, and smashed into 100s of pieces.

 

Sad, sad cookie cake.

We ate the crumbs anyway - they were delicious. :-)

 

Drew felt really bad that my cake was destroyed so he went out the next day and got another, more traditional cake.

 

It too was delicious.

 

As if 2 cakes wasn't enough, check out what a found in the grocery store parking lot later that day. Lucky!

 

In a little departure from just photos I have a video to share. I caught Asher reading his book out loud the other day. He is too cute!

 

4 comments:

  1. Awwww... how tragic a story of your beloved cookie cake!! :( I shed tears for it.. lol

    That's awesome and cute that he got you a "2nd try" cake!

    The video of Asher reading is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of your cakes/cookies looked yummy...even the crumbs! Drew sounds so damn sweet. :)

    That video is so sweet... is he reading the words? I don't know that book but it looks like a good one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job, Asher! ;-) That book is one of Eli's favorite to "read" too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's always a ray of sunshine behind every cloud! Poor Cookie!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails