Thursday, May 10, 2012

mommy's picasso

Thanks, everyone, for your excitement about our move! I got a lot of questions about how this all came about - details to come soon. The official close-on-the-house-pack-the-truck-and-get-down-there happens in just two {!} weeks so things are rapidly transitioning into survival mode. As in, we are pulling our daily clothes out of boxes and exclusively eating off paper plates. Well, it's not quite that bad yet - give it a few more days. ha!

This is the 4th move that Drew and I have done together since we got married, so you'd think we would be old hats {and in some ways we are} but adding in a little guy who unpacks while we're packing and still, surprisingly, would like to do other activities makes this move a particular challenge. God willing, this move will be our last LONG distance move and that this house will be ours for a LONG time!

Despite all of the packing, phone calls, trips to Raleigh, and naps for an exhausted mama-to-be Asher and I still manage to have a little fun. :-)

In fact, just the other day we tried something brand new that was such a huge hit I know we'll be doing it again just as soon as I can find our supplies after we move. Hmm...

It took a bit of research...


but then Asher was ready for painting! I got him all set up on the deck with his easel and drop cloth.


Next order of business - smocking. Thanks, Daddy for wearing out this shirt so Asher can have the world's most adorable paint smock. How ridiculously cute is my little guy in this big shirt? love!


Ash wasn't totally sure how much he liked the paint at first.

 


But a couple seconds later he was all about it.

 


Asher is quite the painter now. Ever since that wonderful day when he first got his fingers all paint-y he asks for "paint, paint" every afternoon.


Of course at the end of the fun I asked him to stand by his painting and smile for me. Instead, he stood by his painting, held his fingers up to his mouth and asked, "eat?"


Why, oh why can't my son pose for a picture just once??

Looking on the bright side, I'm grateful he asked first and didn't proceed to lick the paint off when I told him it wasn't for eating.



Artists really are a different type of person - aren't they? :-)

1 comment:

  1. Cute!! We tried painting a couple times... OMG... the first time it was indoors. BIG MISTAKE! LOL

    I love the photo where you are looking down on the easel. Neat perspective. I think the plate itself is a work of art!

    (I love that he asked you if he could eat the paint!! LOL Kiddos are so funny!)

    Good luck with the move! I'd honestly rather go through childbirth again than move. (But the former ain't happening!) Hope it goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails