Monday, May 14, 2012

bugaboo {15 weeks} - mother's day edition

Yesterday the bugaboo and I turned 15 weeks.  One more fabulous thing to add to my list of special treats on Mother's Day!

I didn't get any belly shots this week {we were too busy having fun at the zoo} but I'm pretty sure it popped just a little.  Before last week my bump would be totally nonexistent in the morning, but significant by bedtime, now it's here {at least a little bit} full time.  :-)

Mother's Day was great this year!  Check out the sweet goodies my boys gave me...


Asher picked out my card and insisted on carrying it around all day.  He loves him some Mickey and Minnie these days.  ha!

Baby bug even gave me a gift!  Drew said s/he asked him to get me a gift card for a maternity store so my bump would look good this summer.  Love it!

Asher gave me a gift card to buy some "mommy contact cards" from Tiny Prints.  He thought they would be a good way for us to make some new friends when we move.  Such a sweet idea!


After church and naps for all, we headed to the National Zoo.  Drew and I really wanted to take Asher one last time before we moved.  He is all about animals these days and we knew he'd love it.  Yesterday the weather was SO beautiful - it was a perfect zoo afternoon.  I have lots of photos to share later this week, but here's a little sneak peak.  :-)

Asher couldn't believe he got to sit on an actual 'nandy' {panda} - ha ha - love him!


The bug wasn't as thrilled by the zoo.  After all of that hilly zoo walking I was really feeling some aches.  It seems ridiculous that something the size of an orange could cause any discomfort at all, but, well...apparently it does.


How far along: 15 weeks

Net weight gain/loss: down 2 pounds

Maternity clothes: not yet, but I did employ the handy hair-elastic-through-the-button-hole trick on my jeans to get a little extra breathing room

Stretch marks: nope

Belly button: still an innie

Sleep: pretty good until last night - I woke up at 4 to go to the bathroom and couldn't get back to sleep.  Boo.

Baby movement: none yet

Gender: time will tell

Food cravings: gummy candy

Food aversions: big pieces of meat.  I can handle meat in food, but just eating a straight steak or chicken breast sounds kind of gross.

What I miss: lots of walking without getting all achy

Looking forward to: just being in maternity pants full time. This in between size/shape is annoying. {still}

Best moment this week: celebrating my first Mother's Day as an almost mommy of 2!

Milestones: baby can now move all of his/her joints and limbs

Hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day as well!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an awesome Mothers day...aside from the achy after all the walking at the zoo. Going back to get caught up on your blog. I can't wait to watch your belly grow. So exciting to share someone else's belly fruit adventures. My days are over. Lol. :) Happy Mothers Day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails