Friday, January 1, 2010

happy new year!

Last night I welcomed 2010 with a precious little boy sleeping in my arms.


Asher is quite the night owl and refuses to lay down before midnight at the earliest. On New Year's Eve this is understandable -- what he's doing every other night, I don't know.

Since it was New Year's Eve Drew and I were planning to watch the ball drop together, then try to put the boy down, but he wasn't having any of that. Yesterday was a very cranky day and by 11:00 we had all had enough. I decided that a bath for Asher was in order since it would probably wear him out a little.

After his bath Drew headed off to bed and I stayed up to nurse Asher once more before coaxing him into dreamland.

By 12:00 he was just drifting off.

We didn't see the ball drop.

There wasn't any champagne.

But I did get a kiss from the New Year's baby.



What could be better.

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails