Tuesday, January 26, 2010

say uncle!

Asher is such a lucky baby in that he has lots of aunts and uncles! I grew up with a big extended family and it was awesome - I'm so glad that Asher will have that same opportunity!

This past weekend 2 of his Daddy's brothers came to visit and meet their newest nephew. Drew comes from a family of 4 boys, so these guys love having another boy in the family. In fact, I'm not totally convinced that Wilkinsons can produce females. It started with the original 4 brothers, then the 3 grandchildren that have come so far are all boys. Surely someone will have a girl someday, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Asher was thrilled to meet his Uncle Jared on Friday night. He came all the way from Maine to visit!


Then when Uncle Matt showed up on Saturday the fun leapt to a whole new level. Uncle Matt is the self-proclaimed "fun uncle" or "Funkle." Doesn't that pretty much say it all?




Since the uncles were here to give Daddy some back-up, I was able to go out for awhile! I had a great time having lunch with my girlfriends that I've hardly seen in the past 6 weeks.

While I was gone, the boys went out for lunch too. Daddy put Asher in the Beco since I had the stroller with me {oops}, but it sounds and looks like they made out ok. Poor Ash looks a little stuffed in there, but I'm assured he was fine.


I think the best part of the weekend came when Matt was called upon for a diaper change. Jared has twin boys, so he's a very experienced diaper changer. As a bachelor, Matt is not so much.

When Asher heard that Uncle Matt was on deck for the change he looked appropriately concerned.


How many men does it take to change a diaper? :o)


Thanks for visiting, Uncles! Asher can't wait for lots of fun with you all in the future.

2 comments:

  1. A few things....

    1) I almost bought and sent Asher that polar bear outfit...yesteday! Good thing I didn't -- he already has it!

    2) I love the blanket over the back of the sofa!

    3) Matt is such a good sport for changing a diaper, way to go!

    Sounds like the men had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost bought Cooper that same Carter's outfit...I love the monkey on the butt...Ugh, now I'm going to have to go back to BRU and buy it...Asher makes it looks so cute :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails