Friday, January 8, 2010

favorite thing friday

Favorite Thing Friday is back!

Of course, this will be the mommy remix version, but what else did you expect these days? :o)

We have so many baby products around the house -- some have been clear winners so far, others not so much.

Let's start with my all-time favorite piece of baby gear {so far}.

The Summer Day/Night video baby monitor!



This monitor is so fantastic! I really, really love it.

I am an extremely light sleeper and knew that having the baby in my bedroom would never work. All of those cute little baby noises would have me up all night and I need to sleep whenever I can!

Because of that Drew and I put Asher in his crib at night from Day 1.

Of course, I still need to be aware of when he wakes up. Enter the video monitor.

This little gem has a sound option that can be completely turned off. The sound registers on a light panel {green = good, red = crying}. Believe it or not, those lights flashing are enough to wake me up {repeat: I'm a light sleeper}.

Once I see that he's making enough noise to turn on the lights I can just hit the video button and literally SEE what he's up to. More often than not his snoring is enough to make the lights flash. I see that he's not awake and can go back to sleep myself without getting out of bed.

This thing is awesome and I can't imagine living without it.

It's more expensive than a "sound-only" model, but completely worth it in my opinion!

1 comment:

  1. We got this monitor with Charlotte and it's awesome!! It's even better for when the babies get older.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails