Wednesday, January 20, 2010

our adventure

It's amazing how your definition of certain things change when you have a baby.

For instance, before Asher was born I considered a good night's sleep to be 8-9 hours straight. Now if I get 5 hours it's a huge victory!

Before I became a Mom, "do I have time to go to the bathroom before the baby wakes up?" isn't a question I ever asked myself.

In the years before Asher came along Drew and I took lots of adventures.

We traveled to Japan



Check me out stopping for a bathroom break any old time I wanted!



We visited Italy





Drew and I headed into NYC on the day before New Year's Eve to visit friends last year.



Yesterday Asher and I took an adventure together...
no, it didn't involve a stamp in my passport.

no, we didn't visit a city of several million.

We went to the Old Navy clearance sale.

That's right, I put Asher in his carseat, drove him BY MYSELF to the store, got out the stroller, shopped for 20 minutes, and drove back home.



Check out the great hat Asher found.



We were gone for an hour and a half and I couldn't have been more proud!

One small step for Mommy, one giant leap towards Motherhood.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails