Saturday, January 16, 2010

definitely jinxing myself

I know that I shouldn't post this because it will totally jinx me, but here it is anyway...

Asher is getting amazing sleep at night!

For the first 4 weeks he had a major wide-awake time from 10pm-1am. Not good for Mommy since I'm pretty exhausted from the day by then. Just this week I noticed that Asher was starting to fall asleep after his 10pm feeding. I jumped on that band wagon and tried putting him down for the night then rather than after the 1am feeding.

We're having some success. I start feeding him a bottle of expressed milk around 10. Between burping and a diaper change it takes him about 45 minutes to get 4 ounces down, but he happily drinks it all! I have no clue how much he gets while nursing, so I hope 4 oz isn't too much. I figure he'll spit it back at me if he's too full.

After his bottle he ALWAYS wants to nurse for 3-5 minutes. I'm convinced this is purely for comfort. He doesn't need to eat more, but won't sleep without it. Oh, mama's boy!

However, after THAT he goes to sleep for 5.5-6 hours! And has done so for the past 3 days!

Keep it up little guy -- mommy needs her rest.

This is what we like to see.





Anybody know any anti-jinx chants?

2 comments:

  1. Hey,

    The pumping and then feeding at night helps ALOT with longer sleeping. This (IMO) is why formula babies sleep longer....not because of the formula but because they get more at once than from breastfeeding.

    I pump with both my girls so I know that it help(ed) with them. W/ Sophie I made it to 5 months and then my doc had me quit because I was pregnant w/ Brynn. I'm hoping to make it longer with Brynn. With pumping I end up having a HUGE supply (for instance I have about 4 to 500 oz stored right now) so I'll be able to quit a bit early and still have her getting breastmilk.

    I'm excited for that and getting my boobs back.....nothing like doing a clinical interview and start leaking milk :P

    Glad you are enjoying your little man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is wonderful you are getting such a long sleep stretch already!! Yay Asher! Hopefully this continues for you, I know sleep is very hard to come by in these early times.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails